Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.64 meters/second, 1564.7 km/hour, 972.3 miles/hour or 844.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 25.9"||972.10 mi||West||0° 10' 00.0"||11.46 mi||North||972.49 mi|
|24 hours||13° 28' 58.9"||908.70 mi||East||4° 18' 33.4"||296.19 mi||North||962.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 1:20 AM||1335 km||829 miles||721 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 11:20 PM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 3:20 AM||2711 km||1684 miles||1464 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:20 PM||3225 km||2004 miles||1742 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:20 PM||3378 km||2099 miles||1824 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:20 PM||4248 km||2639 miles||2294 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 10:20 PM||4450 km||2765 miles||2403 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:20 PM||4812 km||2990 miles||2598 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:20 PM||4825 km||2998 miles||2605 nm||NW|
|Mexico City *||Tue 4:20 AM||4980 km||3095 miles||2689 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.