Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.91 meters/second, 1565.7 km/hour, 972.9 miles/hour or 845.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 29.6"||972.71 mi||West||0° 10' 04.0"||11.53 mi||North||973.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 29.5"||907.54 mi||East||4° 19' 46.2"||297.57 mi||North||961.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 12:40 AM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Tue 12:10 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 2:10 AM||1886 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:10 AM||2041 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:10 AM||2300 km||1429 miles||1242 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 11:10 PM||2994 km||1860 miles||1616 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:10 PM||3141 km||1952 miles||1696 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 11:10 PM||3154 km||1960 miles||1703 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:10 PM||3576 km||2222 miles||1931 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 4:10 AM||3809 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.