Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.91 meters/second, 1565.7 km/hour, 972.9 miles/hour or 845.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.21 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||north||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 29.6"||972.72 mi||west||0° 10' 04.1"||11.54 mi||north||973.11 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 27.5"||907.51 mi||east||4° 19' 47.7"||297.60 mi||north||961.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 12:40 AM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Tue 12:10 AM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 2:10 AM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:10 AM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:10 AM||2279 km||1416 miles||1231 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 11:10 PM||2966 km||1843 miles||1601 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:10 PM||3115 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 11:10 PM||3125 km||1942 miles||1687 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:10 PM||3549 km||2205 miles||1916 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 4:10 AM||3834 km||2382 miles||2070 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.