Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.69 meters/second, 1582.9 km/hour, 983.6 miles/hour or 854.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.8"||983.45 mi||West||0° 11' 05.0"||12.70 mi||North||983.81 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 34.7"||885.79 mi||East||4° 37' 22.5"||317.69 mi||North||946.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Wed 1:34 AM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||S|
|Abidjan||Wed 1:34 AM||1716 km||1066 miles||926 nm||N|
|São Tomé||Wed 1:34 AM||1738 km||1080 miles||938 nm||NE|
|Accra||Wed 1:34 AM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Wed 1:34 AM||1879 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||N|
|Lomé||Wed 1:34 AM||1927 km||1197 miles||1041 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Wed 1:34 AM||1935 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||NNW|
|Libreville||Wed 2:34 AM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||NE|
|Luanda||Wed 2:34 AM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||E|
|Porto Novo||Wed 2:34 AM||2023 km||1257 miles||1093 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.