Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.95 meters/second, 1594.6 km/hour, 990.8 miles/hour or 861.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 32.0"||990.81 mi||west||0° 11' 37.1"||13.31 mi||north||991.13 mi|
|24 hours||347° 19' 11.4"||868.93 mi||west||4° 45' 07.7"||326.56 mi||north||931.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Thu 1:44 AM||77 km||48 miles||42 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:44 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:44 AM||1091 km||678 miles||589 nm||E|
|Suva||Thu 1:44 AM||1138 km||707 miles||615 nm||S|
|Apia||Thu 2:44 AM||1208 km||751 miles||652 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:44 AM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Thu 1:44 AM||1564 km||972 miles||844 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Thu 12:44 AM||1590 km||988 miles||858 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 2:44 AM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Wed 2:44 AM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.