Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.86 meters/second, 1605.1 km/hour, 997.4 miles/hour or 866.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.62 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||north||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 28.7"||997.35 mi||west||0° 11' 57.3"||13.69 mi||north||997.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 20' 27.7"||850.34 mi||east||4° 47' 52.0"||329.68 mi||north||914.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 1:50 AM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||W|
|Recife||Thu 12:50 AM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Thu 12:50 AM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||W|
|Salvador||Thu 12:50 AM||1718 km||1068 miles||928 nm||WSW|
|Freetown||Thu 3:50 AM||1990 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Thu 3:50 AM||2020 km||1255 miles||1091 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Thu 3:50 AM||2043 km||1270 miles||1103 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Thu 3:50 AM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||NNE|
|Praia||Thu 2:50 AM||2219 km||1379 miles||1198 nm||N|
|Banjul||Thu 3:50 AM||2252 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.