Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 3:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 15:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.49 meters/second, 1611.0 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 11.3"||1000.94 mi||West||0° 12' 01.3"||13.77 mi||North||1001.11 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 41.7"||835.69 mi||East||4° 45' 29.1"||326.92 mi||North||897.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Fri 3:50 AM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Fri 2:50 AM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||SSW|
|Arawa||Fri 1:50 AM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||WSW|
|Gizo||Fri 2:50 AM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 2:50 AM||1126 km||700 miles||608 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:50 AM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Fri 3:50 AM||1541 km||958 miles||832 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 1:50 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Fri 2:50 AM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:50 AM||2063 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.