Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 17:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 17:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.61 meters/second, 1611.4 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 15.2"||1001.27 mi||west||0° 12' 01.1"||13.77 mi||north||1001.44 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 22.2"||834.38 mi||east||4° 45' 02.0"||326.43 mi||north||896.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Fri 3:00 AM||377 km||234 miles||203 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Fri 2:00 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||W|
|Lae||Fri 3:00 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 3:00 AM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Fri 2:00 AM||1156 km||718 miles||624 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Fri 2:00 AM||1541 km||958 miles||832 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Fri 3:00 AM||1608 km||999 miles||868 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 3:00 AM||1762 km||1095 miles||952 nm||N|
|Palikir||Fri 4:00 AM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NE|
|Darwin||Fri 2:30 AM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.