Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 5:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 17:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.60 meters/second, 1611.4 kilometres/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 15.2"||1001.20 mi||West||0° 12' 01.1"||13.77 mi||North||1001.36 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 23.4"||834.34 mi||East||4° 45' 02.6"||326.41 mi||North||896.41 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Fri 3:00 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Fri 2:00 AM||434 km||269 miles||234 nm||W|
|Lae||Fri 3:00 AM||542 km||337 miles||292 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 3:00 AM||825 km||512 miles||445 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Fri 2:00 AM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Fri 2:00 AM||1562 km||971 miles||844 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Fri 3:00 AM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 3:00 AM||1762 km||1095 miles||952 nm||N|
|Palikir||Fri 4:00 AM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Fri 4:00 AM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.