Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 9:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 21:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.94 meters/second, 1612.6 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 28.0"||1001.94 mi||West||0° 11' 59.8"||13.74 mi||North||1002.08 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 05.5"||829.81 mi||East||4° 43' 15.5"||324.37 mi||North||891.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 2:30 AM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||NW|
|Colombo||Fri 2:30 AM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||NW|
|Medan||Fri 4:00 AM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||ENE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 2:30 AM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||NW|
|Madurai||Fri 2:30 AM||1592 km||989 miles||860 nm||NW|
|Male||Fri 2:00 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||WNW|
|Diego Garcia||Fri 3:00 AM||1699 km||1056 miles||917 nm||WSW|
|Bengkulu||Fri 4:00 AM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||E|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 5:00 AM||1758 km||1092 miles||949 nm||ENE|
|Chennai||Fri 2:30 AM||1776 km||1103 miles||959 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.