Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, July 26, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, July 26, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.33 meters/second, 1614.0 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 51.8"||1002.82 mi||west||0° 11' 53.5"||13.62 mi||north||1002.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 11.6"||821.05 mi||east||4° 38' 23.4"||318.80 mi||north||879.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 3:10 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||S|
|Fortaleza||Fri 2:10 AM||867 km||539 miles||468 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Fri 2:10 AM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||SSW|
|Salvador||Fri 2:10 AM||1614 km||1003 miles||871 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Fri 2:10 AM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||W|
|Praia||Fri 4:10 AM||1884 km||1170 miles||1017 nm||NNE|
|Bissau||Fri 5:10 AM||2216 km||1377 miles||1196 nm||NE|
|Banjul||Fri 5:10 AM||2239 km||1391 miles||1209 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Fri 5:10 AM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Fri 5:10 AM||2257 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.