Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, July 26, 2013 at 06:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, July 26, 2013 at 06:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.35 meters/second, 1614.1 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||north||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 54.1"||1002.93 mi||west||0° 11' 52.6"||13.60 mi||north||1003.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 26.3"||820.23 mi||east||4° 37' 47.5"||318.14 mi||north||878.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Belém||Fri 3:00 AM||521 km||324 miles||282 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 3:00 AM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||SE|
|Cayenne||Fri 3:00 AM||1060 km||659 miles||573 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Fri 3:00 AM||1367 km||850 miles||738 nm||SE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 3:00 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Fri 3:00 AM||1575 km||979 miles||851 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Fri 2:00 AM||1730 km||1075 miles||934 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Fri 2:00 AM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Fri 3:00 AM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||SSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 2:00 AM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.