Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, July 26, 2013 at 3:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, July 26, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.30 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.8"||1002.74 mi||West||0° 11' 40.2"||13.36 mi||North||1002.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 13.7"||811.42 mi||East||4° 30' 31.7"||309.81 mi||North||866.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Fri 3:00 AM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 3:00 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Sat 4:00 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Sat 4:00 AM||740 km||460 miles||399 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:00 AM||1293 km||803 miles||698 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:00 AM||1359 km||845 miles||734 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 3:00 AM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 3:00 AM||1687 km||1049 miles||911 nm||WNW|
|Apia||Sat 4:00 AM||1763 km||1095 miles||952 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:00 AM||1889 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.