Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.80 meters/second, 1608.5 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.8"||999.37 mi||West||0° 10' 59.0"||12.58 mi||North||999.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 24.0"||795.71 mi||East||4° 09' 58.6"||286.31 mi||North||842.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 4:00 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||S|
|San Jose||Sat 4:00 AM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||NE|
|Masaya||Sat 4:00 AM||834 km||518 miles||451 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sat 4:00 AM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Sat 4:00 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Sat 4:00 AM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Sat 4:00 AM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||N|
|Escuintla||Sat 4:00 AM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 4:00 AM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 4:00 AM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.