Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.98 meters/second, 1605.5 km/hour, 997.6 miles/hour or 866.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.0"||997.52 mi||west||0° 10' 42.5"||12.26 mi||north||997.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 08.4"||791.53 mi||east||4° 02' 12.7"||277.43 mi||north||835.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Sat 4:00 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:00 AM||1240 km||770 miles||669 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sun 4:00 AM||1295 km||805 miles||699 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:00 AM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:00 AM||1881 km||1169 miles||1015 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 4:00 AM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 4:00 AM||2251 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:00 AM||2254 km||1401 miles||1217 nm||ESE|
|Apia||Sun 5:00 AM||2334 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sat 5:00 AM||2393 km||1487 miles||1292 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.