Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.84 meters/second, 1605.0 km/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.62 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.2"||997.21 mi||west||0° 10' 39.9"||12.21 mi||north||997.10 mi|
|24 hours||348° 29' 09.2"||790.93 mi||west||4° 00' 59.9"||276.04 mi||north||834.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sun 4:54 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:54 AM||686 km||426 miles||371 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 4:54 AM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sun 3:54 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Sun 4:54 AM||1429 km||888 miles||772 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:54 AM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:54 AM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sun 3:54 AM||2099 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Sun 3:54 AM||2713 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||S|
|Midway||Sat 5:54 AM||2731 km||1697 miles||1475 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.