Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 10:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 10:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.54 meters/second, 1593.1 kilometres/hour, 989.9 miles/hour or 860.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.1"||989.79 mi||West||0° 09' 40.5"||11.08 mi||North||989.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 08.4"||780.61 mi||East||3° 34' 23.1"||245.60 mi||North||813.83 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Salvador||Sun 4:54 AM||498 km||310 miles||269 nm||NNE|
|Escuintla||Sun 4:54 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Sun 4:54 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||NNE|
|San Vicente||Sun 4:54 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 4:54 AM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||N|
|Quetzaltenango||Sun 4:54 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||N|
|San Miguel||Sun 4:54 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NE|
|León||Sun 4:54 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Sun 4:54 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||ENE|
|Masaya||Sun 4:54 AM||638 km||397 miles||345 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.