Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.23 meters/second, 1588.4 km/hour, 987.0 miles/hour or 857.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.45 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||north||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.1"||986.86 mi||west||0° 09' 18.2"||10.66 mi||north||986.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 43.6"||777.79 mi||east||3° 24' 36.2"||234.41 mi||north||807.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Mon 4:54 AM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:54 AM||1194 km||742 miles||645 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Mon 4:54 AM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Mon 4:54 AM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||WNW|
|Midway||Sun 5:54 AM||1936 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||N|
|Yaren||Mon 4:54 AM||2029 km||1261 miles||1096 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Mon 4:54 AM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:54 AM||2373 km||1475 miles||1281 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:54 AM||2508 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:54 AM||2553 km||1586 miles||1378 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.