Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 5:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 17:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.05 meters/second, 1587.8 km/hour, 986.6 miles/hour or 857.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.3"||986.44 mi||West||0° 09' 15.0"||10.60 mi||North||986.25 mi|
|24 hours||348° 33' 18.0"||777.43 mi||West||3° 23' 12.8"||232.82 mi||North||806.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Mon 5:44 AM||292 km||181 miles||157 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Mon 5:44 AM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Mon 5:44 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:44 AM||1127 km||701 miles||609 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 5:44 AM||1292 km||803 miles||697 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Mon 4:44 AM||1296 km||806 miles||700 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:44 AM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||SE|
|Midway||Sun 6:44 AM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:44 AM||2413 km||1500 miles||1303 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Mon 4:44 AM||2473 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.