Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 29, 2013 at 4:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 04:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.44 meters/second, 1578.4 km/hour, 980.8 miles/hour or 852.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.8"||980.59 mi||West||0° 08' 30.1"||9.74 mi||North||980.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 52.7"||772.98 mi||East||3° 03' 51.2"||210.66 mi||North||796.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gusau||Mon 5:54 AM||62 km||39 miles||33 nm||SW|
|Maradi||Mon 5:54 AM||104 km||64 miles||56 nm||N|
|Kano||Mon 5:54 AM||170 km||105 miles||92 nm||ESE|
|Zaria||Mon 5:54 AM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||SSE|
|Sokoto||Mon 5:54 AM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||WNW|
|Kaduna||Mon 5:54 AM||229 km||142 miles||123 nm||S|
|Zinder||Mon 5:54 AM||249 km||155 miles||134 nm||NE|
|Abuja||Mon 5:54 AM||389 km||241 miles||210 nm||S|
|Kandi||Mon 5:54 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||WSW|
|Agadez||Mon 5:54 AM||498 km||310 miles||269 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.