Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 29, 2013 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.78 meters/second, 1572.4 km/hour, 977.0 miles/hour or 849.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.8"||976.85 mi||West||0° 08' 00.9"||9.18 mi||North||976.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 26.1"||770.67 mi||East||2° 51' 23.7"||196.40 mi||North||790.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quetzaltenango||Mon 5:44 AM||149 km||92 miles||80 nm||NNE|
|Escuintla||Mon 5:44 AM||173 km||108 miles||93 nm||ENE|
|Guatemala||Mon 5:44 AM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||NE|
|Santa Ana||Mon 5:44 AM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Mon 5:44 AM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||E|
|San Vicente||Mon 5:44 AM||366 km||227 miles||198 nm||E|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez *||Mon 6:44 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||NNW|
|San Miguel||Mon 5:44 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||E|
|Punta Gorda||Mon 5:44 AM||461 km||287 miles||249 nm||NE|
|San Pedro Sula||Mon 5:44 AM||498 km||309 miles||269 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.