Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 29, 2013 at 4:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 16:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.55 meters/second, 1568.0 km/hour, 974.3 miles/hour or 846.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.2"||974.10 mi||West||0° 07' 38.7"||8.76 mi||North||973.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 00.5"||769.15 mi||East||2° 42' 00.5"||185.65 mi||North||786.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 6:44 AM||1079 km||671 miles||583 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:44 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:44 AM||2011 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 5:44 AM||2030 km||1261 miles||1096 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:44 AM||2696 km||1675 miles||1456 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 4:44 AM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 4:44 AM||2822 km||1754 miles||1524 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 4:44 AM||3070 km||1907 miles||1657 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 4:44 AM||3096 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||WNW|
|Apia||Tue 5:44 AM||3190 km||1982 miles||1723 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.