Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 29, 2013 at 17:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 17:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.35 meters/second, 1567.2 km/hour, 973.8 miles/hour or 846.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.9"||973.64 mi||west||0° 07' 34.9"||8.69 mi||north||973.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 06.8"||768.91 mi||east||2° 40' 25.3"||183.84 mi||north||785.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 5:34 AM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Mon 6:34 AM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:34 AM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:34 AM||1805 km||1122 miles||975 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:34 AM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:34 AM||2160 km||1342 miles||1167 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Tue 5:34 AM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:34 AM||2550 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:34 AM||2556 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:34 AM||2687 km||1669 miles||1451 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.