Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|This phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 17:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.30 meters/second, 1567.1 kilometres/hour, 973.7 miles/hour or 846.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.9"||973.55 mi||West||0° 07' 34.2"||8.67 mi||North||973.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 08.1"||768.86 mi||East||2° 40' 06.3"||183.48 mi||North||785.75 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 5:44 AM||1293 km||803 miles||698 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 6:44 AM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:44 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:44 AM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:44 AM||1656 km||1029 miles||894 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 5:44 AM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:44 AM||2400 km||1491 miles||1296 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:44 AM||2527 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 4:44 AM||2595 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:44 AM||2764 km||1717 miles||1492 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.