Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 29, 2013 at 17:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 17:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.26 meters/second, 1566.9 km/hour, 973.7 miles/hour or 846.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.9"||973.46 mi||west||0° 07' 33.5"||8.66 mi||north||973.22 mi|
|24 hours||348° 31' 50.5"||768.82 mi||west||2° 39' 47.2"||183.11 mi||north||785.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 5:54 AM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 5:54 AM||1356 km||843 miles||732 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:54 AM||1539 km||957 miles||831 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 6:54 AM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:54 AM||1664 km||1034 miles||899 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 5:54 AM||2064 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 4:54 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:54 AM||2526 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:54 AM||2643 km||1642 miles||1427 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:54 AM||2863 km||1779 miles||1546 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.