Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 29, 2013 at 6:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 18:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.06 meters/second, 1566.2 kilometres/hour, 973.2 miles/hour or 845.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.7"||973.00 mi||West||0° 07' 29.6"||8.59 mi||North||972.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 16.2"||768.58 mi||East||2° 38' 11.6"||181.29 mi||North||784.99 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 6:44 AM||542 km||337 miles||292 nm||N|
|Kwajalein||Tue 6:44 AM||651 km||404 miles||351 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Tue 6:44 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Tue 5:44 AM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:44 AM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 6:44 AM||1656 km||1029 miles||894 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 7:44 AM||2286 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||NE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 4:44 AM||2317 km||1439 miles||1251 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Mon 6:44 AM||2474 km||1537 miles||1336 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Tue 5:44 AM||2725 km||1693 miles||1471 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.