Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 5:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 17:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.63 meters/second, 1546.7 km/hour, 961.1 miles/hour or 835.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.0"||960.82 mi||West||0° 05' 39.5"||6.49 mi||North||960.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 58.3"||763.18 mi||East||1° 52' 10.6"||128.58 mi||North||770.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 7:44 AM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Tue 6:44 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:44 AM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:44 AM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 5:44 AM||2509 km||1559 miles||1355 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 5:44 AM||2711 km||1684 miles||1464 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:44 AM||2713 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:44 AM||2934 km||1823 miles||1584 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:44 AM||3159 km||1963 miles||1705 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 5:44 AM||3379 km||2100 miles||1825 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.