Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 17:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 17:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.63 meters/second, 1546.7 km/hour, 961.1 miles/hour or 835.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.02 mi||west||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||north||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.0"||960.88 mi||west||0° 05' 39.5"||6.48 mi||north||960.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 58.5"||763.22 mi||east||1° 52' 08.3"||128.55 mi||north||770.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 7:44 AM||1181 km||734 miles||637 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Tue 6:44 AM||1568 km||974 miles||847 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:44 AM||2043 km||1270 miles||1103 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:44 AM||2069 km||1286 miles||1117 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 5:44 AM||2498 km||1552 miles||1349 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 5:44 AM||2682 km||1667 miles||1448 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:44 AM||2690 km||1672 miles||1453 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:44 AM||2931 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:44 AM||3144 km||1954 miles||1698 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 5:44 AM||3355 km||2084 miles||1811 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.