Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.44 meters/second, 1535.2 km/hour, 953.9 miles/hour or 828.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.90 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||north||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.2"||953.65 mi||west||0° 04' 18.0"||4.93 mi||north||953.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 24.0"||760.25 mi||east||1° 18' 36.8"||90.12 mi||north||762.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Wed 8:34 AM||1589 km||988 miles||858 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Wed 6:34 AM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||SW|
|Dakar||Wed 9:34 AM||2231 km||1386 miles||1205 nm||E|
|Paramaribo||Wed 6:34 AM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||SW|
|Nouakchott||Wed 9:34 AM||2329 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||E|
|Banjul||Wed 9:34 AM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||E|
|Bridgetown||Wed 5:34 AM||2385 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Wed 6:34 AM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||S|
|Belém||Wed 6:34 AM||2466 km||1532 miles||1332 nm||SSW|
|Ponta Delgada *||Wed 9:34 AM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.