Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 5, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 5, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.70 meters/second, 1564.9 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.13 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.1"||972.21 mi||West||0° 07' 05.8"||8.13 mi||South||972.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 22.3"||736.09 mi||East||3° 07' 57.1"||215.34 mi||South||771.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Mon 11:50 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:50 AM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:50 AM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 10:50 AM||2445 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:50 AM||2551 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:50 AM||3017 km||1874 miles||1629 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:50 AM||3392 km||2108 miles||1832 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:50 AM||3461 km||2150 miles||1869 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 10:50 AM||3487 km||2167 miles||1883 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:50 AM||3563 km||2214 miles||1924 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.