Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, August 5, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 5, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.71 meters/second, 1565.0 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.21 mi||west||0° 00' 07.1"||0.13 mi||south||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.1"||972.22 mi||west||0° 07' 05.9"||8.13 mi||south||972.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 21.7"||736.09 mi||east||3° 07' 58.8"||215.37 mi||south||771.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Mon 11:50 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:50 AM||727 km||452 miles||392 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:50 AM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 10:50 AM||2423 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:50 AM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:50 AM||3004 km||1867 miles||1622 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:50 AM||3381 km||2101 miles||1825 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:50 AM||3434 km||2134 miles||1854 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 10:50 AM||3474 km||2159 miles||1876 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:50 AM||3540 km||2200 miles||1912 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.