Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 3:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 15:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.11 meters/second, 1580.8 km/hour, 982.3 miles/hour or 853.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 36.1"||982.09 mi||West||0° 08' 14.1"||9.43 mi||South||982.40 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 26.4"||735.47 mi||East||3° 32' 24.3"||243.32 mi||South||778.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 11:50 AM||96 km||60 miles||52 nm||NE|
|Kingstown||Tue 11:50 AM||125 km||78 miles||67 nm||NW|
|Vieux Fort||Tue 11:50 AM||153 km||95 miles||82 nm||NNW|
|Scarborough||Tue 11:50 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||SSW|
|Saint George's||Tue 11:50 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Tue 11:50 AM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NNW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 11:50 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||SSW|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 11:50 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||NNW|
|Chaguanas||Tue 11:50 AM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||SSW|
|San Fernando||Tue 11:50 AM||279 km||174 miles||151 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.