Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 21:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 21:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.49 meters/second, 1585.8 km/hour, 985.4 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||south||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 41.9"||985.20 mi||west||0° 08' 33.8"||9.81 mi||south||985.51 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 40.5"||735.73 mi||east||3° 39' 21.4"||251.27 mi||south||781.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 11:40 AM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:40 AM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:40 AM||3266 km||2029 miles||1763 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:40 AM||3664 km||2277 miles||1978 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco *||Tue 2:40 PM||3683 km||2288 miles||1989 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:40 AM||3689 km||2292 miles||1992 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles *||Tue 2:40 PM||3702 km||2300 miles||1999 nm||NE|
|Midway||Tue 10:40 AM||3796 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:40 AM||3968 km||2466 miles||2143 nm||SSW|
|Hermosillo||Tue 2:40 PM||4052 km||2518 miles||2188 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.