Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.53 meters/second, 1585.9 kilometres/hour, 985.4 miles/hour or 856.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 41.9"||985.28 mi||West||0° 08' 34.4"||9.82 mi||South||985.58 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 38.2"||735.73 mi||East||3° 39' 31.6"||251.46 mi||South||781.62 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 11:50 AM||1531 km||952 miles||827 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:50 AM||1532 km||952 miles||827 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:50 AM||3239 km||2012 miles||1749 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:50 AM||3441 km||2138 miles||1858 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:50 AM||3503 km||2177 miles||1892 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 10:50 AM||3603 km||2239 miles||1945 nm||NW|
|San Francisco *||Tue 2:50 PM||3823 km||2376 miles||2064 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Tue 2:50 PM||3868 km||2404 miles||2089 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:50 AM||3879 km||2410 miles||2094 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Wed 10:50 AM||3888 km||2416 miles||2099 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.