Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.57 meters/second, 1586.0 km/hour, 985.5 miles/hour or 856.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 42.1"||985.37 mi||West||0° 08' 34.9"||9.83 mi||South||985.67 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 35.3"||735.75 mi||East||3° 39' 43.1"||251.68 mi||South||781.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:00 Noon||1354 km||841 miles||731 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 12:00 Noon||1360 km||845 miles||734 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:00 AM||3193 km||1984 miles||1724 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Tue 12:00 Noon||3229 km||2006 miles||1743 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:00 AM||3308 km||2056 miles||1786 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 11:00 AM||3390 km||2107 miles||1831 nm||NW|
|Apia||Wed 11:00 AM||3707 km||2303 miles||2001 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:00 Noon||3793 km||2357 miles||2048 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco *||Tue 3:00 PM||3985 km||2476 miles||2152 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Tue 11:00 AM||4041 km||2511 miles||2182 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.