Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 10:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 22:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.76 meters/second, 1586.7 km/hour, 986.0 miles/hour or 856.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 43.0"||985.80 mi||West||0° 08' 37.6"||9.88 mi||South||986.10 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 21.9"||735.80 mi||East||3° 40' 39.7"||252.76 mi||South||782.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 12:50 PM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:50 PM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:50 AM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 11:50 AM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:50 AM||2522 km||1567 miles||1362 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 10:50 AM||2955 km||1836 miles||1595 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:50 AM||2971 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 11:50 AM||3003 km||1866 miles||1621 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:50 AM||3035 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Wed 10:50 AM||3458 km||2149 miles||1867 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.