Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.90 meters/second, 1590.8 km/hour, 988.5 miles/hour or 859.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.47 mi||west||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||south||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 47.3"||988.36 mi||west||0° 08' 53.4"||10.18 mi||south||988.65 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 08.8"||736.27 mi||east||3° 46' 06.7"||258.99 mi||south||784.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baybay||Wed 11:50 AM||45 km||28 miles||24 nm||WSW|
|Surigao||Wed 11:50 AM||118 km||73 miles||64 nm||SSE|
|Cebu City||Wed 11:50 AM||152 km||95 miles||82 nm||WSW|
|Bacolod||Wed 11:50 AM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||W|
|Cagayan de Oro||Wed 11:50 AM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||SSW|
|Iloilo City||Wed 11:50 AM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||W|
|Marawi City||Wed 11:50 AM||326 km||202 miles||176 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Wed 11:50 AM||416 km||258 miles||225 nm||S|
|General Santos||Wed 11:50 AM||519 km||323 miles||281 nm||S|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 11:50 AM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.