Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, August 10, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, August 10, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.48 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.0"||1003.12 mi||West||0° 10' 45.2"||12.32 mi||South||1003.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 46.3"||783.05 mi||East||4° 13' 10.5"||289.95 mi||South||832.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Teresina||Sat 2:40 PM||151 km||94 miles||82 nm||SSE|
|São Luis||Sat 2:40 PM||177 km||110 miles||95 nm||NNW|
|Parnaíba||Sat 2:40 PM||210 km||131 miles||114 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Sat 2:40 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||E|
|Belém||Sat 2:40 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Sat 2:40 PM||1050 km||653 miles||567 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Sat 2:40 PM||1145 km||712 miles||618 nm||SSE|
|Cayenne||Sat 2:40 PM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Sat 2:40 PM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Sat 2:40 PM||1689 km||1050 miles||912 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.