Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 3:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 03:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.74 meters/second, 1568.7 km/hour, 974.7 miles/hour or 847.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 59.8"||974.50 mi||West||0° 08' 34.7"||9.83 mi||South||974.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 43' 41.9"||856.44 mi||East||3° 05' 14.4"||212.27 mi||South||876.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:18 PM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 5:18 PM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 4:18 PM||1247 km||775 miles||674 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 4:18 PM||1295 km||805 miles||699 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:18 PM||1322 km||821 miles||714 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:18 PM||1713 km||1064 miles||925 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:18 PM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:18 PM||2357 km||1464 miles||1273 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:18 PM||2377 km||1477 miles||1283 nm||NW|
|Suva||Tue 3:18 PM||2388 km||1484 miles||1290 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.