Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 9:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 21:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.23 meters/second, 1548.8 km/hour, 962.4 miles/hour or 836.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.8"||962.13 mi||West||0° 07' 09.1"||8.20 mi||South||961.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 15' 51.2"||882.53 mi||East||2° 25' 28.4"||166.73 mi||South||892.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|La Paz||Tue 5:56 PM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||ESE|
|Arequipa||Tue 4:56 PM||227 km||141 miles||122 nm||WSW|
|Cochabamba||Tue 5:56 PM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||ESE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Tue 4:56 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||NW|
|Cobija||Tue 5:56 PM||543 km||338 miles||293 nm||N|
|Sucre||Tue 5:56 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||SE|
|Riberalta||Tue 5:56 PM||655 km||407 miles||353 nm||NE|
|Rio Branco||Tue 5:56 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||NNE|
|Santa Cruz||Tue 5:56 PM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||ESE|
|Antofagasta||Tue 5:56 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.