Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 03:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.51 meters/second, 1542.6 km/hour, 958.5 miles/hour or 832.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.98 mi||west||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||south||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 13.7"||958.33 mi||west||0° 06' 36.7"||7.58 mi||south||958.08 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 57.5"||890.65 mi||east||2° 10' 45.6"||149.89 mi||south||897.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:56 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:56 PM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||E|
|Alofi||Tue 4:56 PM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 4:56 PM||1668 km||1036 miles||901 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:56 PM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 4:56 PM||2032 km||1263 miles||1097 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:56 PM||2042 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||N|
|Suva||Wed 3:56 PM||2668 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:56 PM||2782 km||1729 miles||1502 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:56 PM||2872 km||1785 miles||1551 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.