Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 3:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.51 meters/second, 1542.6 km/hour, 958.6 miles/hour or 833.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||South||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 13.8"||958.27 mi||West||0° 06' 36.8"||7.58 mi||South||958.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 55.8"||890.56 mi||East||2° 10' 48.5"||149.93 mi||South||897.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Tue 5:56 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:56 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:56 PM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||E|
|Alofi||Tue 4:56 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 4:56 PM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:56 PM||1808 km||1124 miles||976 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:56 PM||2044 km||1270 miles||1103 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Wed 4:56 PM||2060 km||1280 miles||1112 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Wed 3:56 PM||2697 km||1676 miles||1456 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:56 PM||2812 km||1747 miles||1518 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.