Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 8:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 08:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.13 meters/second, 1537.7 km/hour, 955.5 miles/hour or 830.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 52.2"||955.17 mi||West||0° 06' 08.0"||7.03 mi||South||954.94 mi|
|24 hours||13° 34' 04.1"||897.02 mi||East||1° 57' 55.7"||135.17 mi||South||902.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Wed 6:26 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Wed 6:26 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Wed 6:26 PM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Wed 5:56 PM||1145 km||711 miles||618 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Wed 6:56 PM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||E|
|Eucla||Wed 5:41 PM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Wed 5:56 PM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||N|
|Makassar||Wed 4:56 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 6:56 PM||1897 km||1179 miles||1024 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Wed 5:56 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.