Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 9:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.90 meters/second, 1536.9 kilometres/hour, 955.0 miles/hour or 829.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 48.6"||954.67 mi||West||0° 06' 03.1"||6.94 mi||South||954.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 23.9"||898.07 mi||East||1° 55' 43.5"||132.65 mi||South||903.01 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Wed 5:46 PM||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Wed 5:46 PM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||NNE|
|Raba||Wed 5:46 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Wed 5:46 PM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Wed 6:46 PM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||NE|
|Malang||Wed 4:46 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||NW|
|Surabaya||Wed 4:46 PM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Wed 7:16 PM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Wed 5:46 PM||1334 km||829 miles||720 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Wed 4:46 PM||1420 km||882 miles||767 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.