Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.59 meters/second, 1535.7 km/hour, 954.3 miles/hour or 829.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||South||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 43.5"||953.97 mi||West||0° 05' 56.2"||6.80 mi||South||953.74 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 14.5"||899.53 mi||East||1° 52' 36.7"||129.08 mi||South||904.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Wed 5:56 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NNE|
|Bantam||Wed 5:26 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||NW|
|Bandung||Wed 5:56 PM||1271 km||790 miles||687 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Wed 5:56 PM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Wed 5:56 PM||1399 km||869 miles||756 nm||NE|
|Semarang||Wed 5:56 PM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Wed 5:56 PM||1497 km||930 miles||808 nm||N|
|Malang||Wed 5:56 PM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Wed 5:56 PM||1564 km||972 miles||845 nm||NE|
|Palembang||Wed 5:56 PM||1602 km||996 miles||865 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.