Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 11:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 11:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.50 meters/second, 1535.4 km/hour, 954.1 miles/hour or 829.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||South||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 42.1"||953.77 mi||West||0° 05' 54.2"||6.77 mi||South||953.54 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 46.1"||899.94 mi||East||1° 51' 43.0"||128.06 mi||South||904.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Wed 5:46 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||N|
|Bandung||Wed 6:16 PM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Wed 6:16 PM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Wed 6:16 PM||1581 km||982 miles||854 nm||NE|
|Palembang||Wed 6:16 PM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Wed 6:16 PM||1914 km||1189 miles||1034 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Wed 6:16 PM||1970 km||1224 miles||1063 nm||ENE|
|Denpasar||Wed 7:16 PM||2118 km||1316 miles||1144 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Wed 7:16 PM||2165 km||1345 miles||1169 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Wed 6:16 PM||2296 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.