Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 4:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 04:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.36 meters/second, 1520.5 km/hour, 944.8 miles/hour or 821.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 31.0"||944.49 mi||West||0° 03' 58.0"||4.55 mi||South||944.32 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 46.7"||919.69 mi||East||1° 00' 58.8"||69.91 mi||South||919.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 6:56 PM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 6:56 PM||823 km||512 miles||445 nm||E|
|Alofi||Wed 5:56 PM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||W|
|Apia||Thu 5:56 PM||1649 km||1024 miles||890 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 5:56 PM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 5:56 PM||1897 km||1179 miles||1024 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 6:56 PM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||N|
|Suva||Thu 4:56 PM||2571 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 4:56 PM||2789 km||1733 miles||1506 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 8:56 PM||2880 km||1790 miles||1555 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.