Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 9:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 09:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.43 meters/second, 1517.2 km/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.07 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 13.1"||942.41 mi||West||0° 03' 22.0"||3.86 mi||South||942.25 mi|
|24 hours||14° 08' 37.9"||924.35 mi||East||0° 45' 35.1"||52.26 mi||South||923.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Thu 7:26 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Thu 7:26 PM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Thu 7:26 PM||739 km||459 miles||399 nm||N|
|Dili||Thu 6:56 PM||1293 km||803 miles||698 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Thu 6:41 PM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||S|
|Cairns||Thu 7:56 PM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||E|
|Adelaide||Thu 7:26 PM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SSE|
|Makassar||Thu 5:56 PM||1972 km||1225 miles||1065 nm||NW|
|Denpasar||Thu 5:56 PM||2030 km||1261 miles||1096 nm||WNW|
|Perth||Thu 5:56 PM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.