Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, August 16, 2013 at 10:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, August 16, 2013 at 10:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.90 meters/second, 1508.0 km/hour, 937.1 miles/hour or 814.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||South||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 05.5"||936.75 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||936.75 mi|
|24 hours||14° 26' 59.7"||939.89 mi||East||0° 35' 35.1"||40.80 mi||North||942.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 8:26 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Fri 8:26 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Fri 8:26 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||N|
|Eucla||Fri 7:41 PM||1313 km||816 miles||709 nm||S|
|Dili||Fri 7:56 PM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Fri 8:56 PM||1657 km||1030 miles||895 nm||E|
|Adelaide||Fri 8:26 PM||1850 km||1150 miles||999 nm||SSE|
|Perth||Fri 6:56 PM||1972 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||SW|
|Makassar||Fri 6:56 PM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||NW|
|Denpasar||Fri 6:56 PM||2054 km||1277 miles||1109 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.