Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.07 meters/second, 1512.3 km/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 46.5"||939.40 mi||West||0° 02' 59.5"||3.43 mi||North||939.55 mi|
|24 hours||345° 34' 01.5"||941.79 mi||West||1° 48' 52.6"||124.81 mi||North||955.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Sat 8:20 PM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Sat 8:20 PM||353 km||219 miles||191 nm||SSW|
|Luganville||Sat 8:20 PM||435 km||271 miles||235 nm||N|
|Nadi||Sat 9:20 PM||1021 km||635 miles||551 nm||E|
|Suva||Sat 9:20 PM||1120 km||696 miles||605 nm||E|
|Honiara||Sat 8:20 PM||1394 km||866 miles||753 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 9:20 PM||1713 km||1065 miles||925 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Sat 7:20 PM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 10:20 PM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||E|
|Auckland||Sat 9:20 PM||2048 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.