Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.18 meters/second, 1512.6 km/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 46.5"||939.64 mi||West||0° 03' 06.3"||3.56 mi||North||939.79 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 37.2"||941.64 mi||East||1° 51' 31.0"||127.83 mi||North||955.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Sat 8:10 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sat 8:10 PM||1103 km||685 miles||595 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Sat 9:10 PM||1145 km||712 miles||618 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Sat 9:10 PM||1181 km||734 miles||638 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Sat 9:10 PM||1324 km||823 miles||715 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Sat 8:10 PM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||NW|
|Sydney||Sat 8:10 PM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||SSW|
|Canberra||Sat 8:10 PM||1887 km||1172 miles||1019 nm||SSW|
|Melbourne||Sat 8:10 PM||2305 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||SSW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 7:40 PM||2327 km||1446 miles||1257 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.