Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 2:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 02:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.02 meters/second, 1522.9 km/hour, 946.3 miles/hour or 822.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 59.9"||946.03 mi||West||0° 05' 14.9"||6.02 mi||North||946.28 mi|
|24 hours||14° 14' 57.5"||936.13 mi||East||2° 39' 51.9"||183.22 mi||North||960.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Sat 9:10 PM||373 km||232 miles||202 nm||ENE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sat 9:10 PM||601 km||374 miles||325 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Sat 10:10 PM||701 km||436 miles||379 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Sat 9:10 PM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Sat 10:10 PM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||E|
|Cobija||Sat 10:10 PM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||NE|
|Rio Branco||Sat 10:10 PM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||NE|
|Santiago||Sat 10:10 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||932 nm||SSE|
|Córdoba||Sat 11:10 PM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||SSE|
|Guayaquil||Sat 9:10 PM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.