Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 7:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.19 meters/second, 1527.1 km/hour, 948.9 miles/hour or 824.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 08.0"||948.64 mi||West||0° 05' 53.2"||6.75 mi||North||948.92 mi|
|24 hours||14° 10' 17.5"||933.45 mi||East||2° 53' 51.5"||199.25 mi||North||961.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 9:10 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:10 PM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:10 PM||1877 km||1166 miles||1014 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 8:10 PM||2479 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:10 PM||2479 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Sun 8:10 PM||2742 km||1704 miles||1481 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 8:10 PM||2830 km||1758 miles||1528 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 8:10 PM||3034 km||1885 miles||1638 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Sun 7:10 PM||3712 km||2307 miles||2004 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Sat 7:10 PM||3840 km||2386 miles||2074 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.