Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.43 meters/second, 1528.0 km/hour, 949.4 miles/hour or 825.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 09.8"||949.19 mi||West||0° 06' 00.6"||6.89 mi||North||949.48 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 17.7"||932.87 mi||East||2° 56' 34.8"||202.37 mi||North||961.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 10:10 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Sat 9:10 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 10:10 PM||1201 km||746 miles||649 nm||E|
|Apia||Sun 9:10 PM||1242 km||772 miles||671 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:10 PM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:10 PM||1551 km||964 miles||837 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Sun 8:10 PM||2192 km||1362 miles||1184 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 10:10 PM||2198 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sun 8:10 PM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 8:10 PM||2614 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.