Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.90 meters/second, 1529.6 km/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 825.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.84 mi||west||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||north||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 13.5"||950.24 mi||west||0° 06' 14.4"||7.15 mi||north||950.54 mi|
|24 hours||345° 52' 36.5"||931.74 mi||west||3° 01' 33.3"||208.06 mi||north||961.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Sun 9:00 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||W|
|Nadi||Sun 10:00 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||E|
|Lautoka||Sun 10:00 PM||532 km||331 miles||287 nm||E|
|Luganville||Sun 9:00 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Sun 10:00 PM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||E|
|Noumea||Sun 9:00 PM||820 km||509 miles||443 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:00 PM||1236 km||768 miles||667 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 11:00 PM||1359 km||844 miles||734 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Sun 9:00 PM||1620 km||1006 miles||874 nm||WNW|
|Apia||Sun 11:00 PM||1740 km||1081 miles||939 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.